Patient Education | Oral Chemotherapy
We want to share a useful resource related to oral chemotherapy. ONS, in collaboration with various organizations, developed Oral Chemotherapy Education Sheets to address the challenges patients receiving oral cancer therapies face.
- It is a patient education tool for healthcare providers who work closely with patients receiving oral therapies.
- They are updated as new medications or indications are approved by the FDA.
- More than 90 education sheets are currently available.
- Drugs are listed by both trade and generic name, and the information has been tailored for each particular drug, including the drug indication, how it’s pronounced, dosing and scheduling information, how to store and handle the medication, and a list of potential side effects and management strategies.
- All documents are easy to print or simply shared as online resources.